Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review



This is a picture of an exercise that my classmates and I did in class on Tuesday. We did what was called a peer review. In this peer review, we watched a film from another group in the class. After we watched it, we gave them feedback on this piece of paper. The group that I got did pretty well on their film. One thing I really liked about the film was that it was good at keeping the message hidden. What I mean by that is, the audience is supposed to be left off, on the edge of their seats. In order to do so, you have to make sure you are concealing the real plot as much as possible. I think this group succeeded in trying to do this. However, there is one thing I thought that should change to make the film better.

One suggestion I would make to the film is adjusting the sound. I admit, we have no choice but to film. Nobody is going to not film just because it is windy outside. The sound in their film was sort of muffled because of the wind around them. When it is windy, it is hard to hear what is going on or who's talking. I would suggest going in a less windy area or inside somewhere. The sound is a very important aspect to the film. Especially in movies where there is some sort of plot, which is every movie. If the audience cannot hear what is going on in your film, it takes away from it. Aside from the sound, this group did a really good job filming their movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. The importance of marketing in the film area is because the mov...